Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Cheap Makeup Knock-Offs from Amazon!

   Hey everyone! If you read my very first post, then you at least got the idea that I review products for several WOM websites. I'll be writing a post about reviewing: how and where to get started if you want to review products too! Anyhow, one of those websites that I work with gives $5 Amazon gift cards after every 1000 points that you reach. I let those gift cards accumulate to $30 before I just couldn't wait anymore to spend it. If you watch any beauty videos from gurus like MannyMUA or LauraLee, then I'm sure you've seen ones where they test out knock-off eyeshadow and highlighter products from apps such as hush. and wish. They sell replicas of popular makeup and run on average from $1-$10. Since I had free Amazon cash, I decided to do this little experiment myself.

   I started out by searching for the Retro Love palette that MannyMUA mentioned in his 'Original vs. Ripped-Off Makeup Dupes!' video. If you'd like to check it out, you can go to the video by clicking on the title; you can also just go directly to Manny's YouTube channel by clicking on his name above. Anyway! The Retro Love palette, $12, from Bad Habit is supposed to be a knock-off for the Anastasia Subculture palette that retails for $42 at both Sephora and Ulta. I mean..... I absolutely love this palette, but unfortunately, the knock-off was not available on Amazon. The search, however, did bring up results and I went from there!

   I have never heard of any of these makeup brands that popped up in my search results, but that was kind of the point, right? Before really getting into it, and finding something I actually liked, I took a glance at the brand reviews overall as well as the reviews on their products. I was actually kinda shocked at the reviewer ratings! Another thing I paid attention to was pictures. Most of the products had swatch pictures and let me tell you, wow! I literally refused to believe one of the swatch pictures of a palette that I ended up purchasing. Fast forward 30 minutes later and I had $50 worth of makeup in my cart, and it was literally about ten different products. Yes, when I say cheap, I mean cheap! I ended up sticking to three items: I Got You palette from Beauty Glazed $9.98, another eyeshadow palette that simply says 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette by IMagic $16.99, and a wicked highlighter for $2 that I can't remember the name of because I've misplaced the paperwork. I'll make sure to update it.

   Let me take a moment to tell you that a lot of these products are being shipped from overseas, and can take upwards of a month to come in. As a matter of fact, I'm still waiting on the highlighter that may not be in until March 28th. Also, I will provide the links for both these palettes but if you go to Amazon and search either of these, especially the IMagic palette, you will see a wide range of prices. This depends on the seller. Many different companies are selling the exact same products at very different prices. In my experience so far, regardless of which you buy from, you will get the same product but some may take longer than others to get to you and the shipping prices also vary. So just because you find a palette that is only $3, it won't make much of a difference if the shipping is $12!

   So let's start with the 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette by IMagic for $16.99. This one is the one.... the one whose swatch pic was just too good to be true. Another thing that I noticed in the pic online was that one of the pans of shadow that had been swatched looked like they had crammed their finger into it. Needless to say, this had me a bit worried about the consistency so I was very aware once it came in and was time for me to do my own swatching. OMG holla!!!! Amazed! Blown away! Okay, and it's waterproof?! It seriously is. Tested and approved!

   Before I go into these, I do want to talk about the consistency of the shimmers. Remember the swatch pic I was talking about? Well, the shimmers are a bit delicate. You definitely don't want to do any pressing into them, but they'll easily hold up to gentle use or brushes. The pigments in all of these shadows, especially the shimmers, are unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. Ever. The shadows blend out very nicely, except the shimmers. I found that you need to apply these with your finger due to the 'creaminess' to get it packed on like you would want it. After that, however, you can use a blending brush to easily soften up the edges. These shadows lasted all day and through sleeping in! They truly are waterproof/sweatproof. I give these 4/5 stars. I only take away a star because of how delicate the shimmers are (which really isn't even an issue).

IMagic Professional Cosmetics
16 Color Eyeshadow Palette
$16.99 or less




   The second eyeshadow palette I purchased was the I Got You palette from Beauty Glazed for $9.98 and has 18 shades. This one is supposed to be a knock-off of the Huda Desert Dusk palette that retails for $65. This company has some of the highest starred reviews when it comes to unnamed makeup on Amazon. Seriously, I don't think I saw a single product from them that had less than 4 stars. Now how many people actually reviewed it is another thing. It was able to be shipped quickly as well. After swatching the first palette, I was kind of disappointed in this one. The IMagic was so insanely pigmented, nothing would have made me happy after it! The next day, however, I decided that I was going to try it out when I put on my makeup and I was actually really happy with this one too. The colors aren't' super duper pigmented, but they aren't weak either. They're your average eyeshadow. The actually blend beautifully, I'd say better than your average eyeshadow. It lasted throughout the day, but I took it one step further. I slept in it to really test out its staying power. It did not last til morning hahaha. This one gets 4/5 stars from me!

Beauty Glazed Cosmetics
I Got You eyeshadow palette
$9.98



   So there you have it- my opinion on two knock-off palettes from two no-name makeup companies selling on Amazon. As soon as my highlighter gets here, I'll let you know how it is! By the way, I literally just got a package in the mail- the Revlon ColorStay Brow kit as well as the Revlon Salon Slant Tweezer. Keep an eye out for my review on it coming soon, and until next time make sure to follow me on Twitter and Insta, and leave comments about what you'd like to see on my blog!!!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and let me know what you want to hear/know about!

Popular Posts